IELTS Listening Test
Section – 1
Choose the correct letter, A, B or C.
Which sport is the woman interested in?
1 How long is the heated pool?
A 15 metres
B 25 metres
C 50 metres
2 Which of these is free for all members?
A the beginners swimming class
B the training session
C the keep-fit class
Complete the notes below.
Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.
• held on Monday 4 ____and ___mornings
• weekend evenings from 5 ____to _____
• attend 6 _____per week
• see instructor to change 7 ___________ .
• cost £1.50
Meet John 8 ___________________
Office located on firs floor
Meet at 9 ______________ tomorrow
Tel: 10 ________________.
Look at the following extracts from the conversation and underline the tenses that the speakers used.
1. I’m wanting/want to do some sports activities.
2. Our tennis team are always looking/always look for new people.
3. Are members having to /Do members have to pay to use the pools?
4. We’re not actually allowing/don’t actually allow anyone to book the swimming lanes or the gym equipment.
5. What time is suiting / suits you?
6. Great, well, I’m thinking / think that’s everything.
Questions 1-3: multiple choice
1 A 2 A 3 C
Questions 4-10: notes completion
4 Tuesday; Friday
5 6.00/six (pm); 7.30/seven thirty 7 levels/classes 8 Doherty 9 11:00/ eleven (am) 10 0117965478